It’s that time of the year again! The leaves have changed their colour, the weather is cooler and pumpkin spice is everywhere. Lattes, cakes, cocktails…name it! Of course, it was only natural to bring you a cookie version of your favourite autumn drink too. Whether you want to celebrate the autumn season or are after some Thanksgiving dessert ideas, I have the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe for you. Trust me, you’re going to want to make them ASAP!
Bursting with flavour, these gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are fluffy, soft and absolutely delicious. My easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe combines basic pantry ingredients with warm spices. The best thing? It only requires a few minutes in the oven so you’ll be done in no time. Plus, the warm smell of baked spiced pumpkin cookies will stay in your kitchen for days!
Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
- Calories 205
- Fat 10.1g
- Saturates 6.2g
- Protein 2.5g
- Carbs 27.6g
- Sugars 14.9g
- Salt 0g
- Fibre 1.1g
- 180g Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature (Optional: organic)
- 100g Dark brown sugar
- 100g Granulated sugar
- 1 Can pumpkin purée
- 1 Large egg, beaten (Optional: free range)
- 2 tsps Pure vanilla extract
- 250g Plain flour (Optional: plain gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp Grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 100g Dark or milk chocolate chips
- To bake: greaseproof paper, baking tray (Optional: cookie scoop)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF (Fan).
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. This will prevent your gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin cookies from sticking to the tray later!
- In a large bowl, mix the softened butter, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar together. Stir well, making sure all the ingredients have mixed together into a nice brown, buttery mix.
- Add the pumpkin purée, vanilla extract and egg to the mix. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat well until smooth, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold in the flour, and add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and all the spices to the mix. Once again, stir well until you’re left with a nicely smooth dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and let the dough rest in the fridge for 15-30 min. This will ensure the cookies brown better and bake more evenly.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Use an ice-cream scoop to get even-sized pumpkin cookies and place them on the baking tray. Alternatively, you can use 1 ½ tablespoons for each cookie.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 min, or until they’ve lost their glossy sheen and the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remember, the cookies will look under-baked so don’t be tempted to bake them for longer. They will firm up as they cool.
- When ready, take your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies out of the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10-15 min. You can then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, enjoy!
I hope you love these easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies as much as we do. Please let me know if you make them by leaving a comment below and rating the recipe. As always, make sure to pin some photos and show us some love on social media using the buttons below.
Do you love baking as much as I do? Then check:
- Chocolate Guinness cake recipe
- Easy lemon drizzle cake recipe
- Banana bread with chocolate chips recipe
- Homemade protein bars with oats and cinnamon recipe
- Gooey chocolate brownie recipe
- Healthy banana and oat pancake recipe
These cookies look great! And I love your homemade pumpkins in the background 😄🎃
Thanks Lucy! Haha, the homemade pumpkins only make the cookies look better! x
omg!!! they look so good!!!! i actually want some. pumpkin flavor anything is not common here in Mexico so is hard for me to find anything! but the startbucks coffee 🙁 and I love pumpkin
Thank you! Pumpkins are autumnal so keep an eye on the shops around this time of the year to make sure you add it to your recipes!
Oh man, these look amazing. I wonder if I could do a keto version. It looks like it should be doable.
Thanks Sadie! I haven’t tried a Keto version but I’m sure you’ll be able to change it slightly and still have a tasty outcome!
These sound wonderful! I’m so excited to try these 🙂
Yay, thanks Giulia! I hope you like them!
Mmmh pumpkin and chocolate, would love to try this combination.
These cookies look delicious. I love the pumpkin and chocolate chip flavors together.
Thanks Carrie – You need to try this recipe, I’m sure you’ll love it!
These look incredible and sound absolutely delicious!! I have never had pumpkin anything well other than coffee!!
I think I definitely need to make these x
Thanks Claire! Oh I’d definitely recommend trying these pumpkin cookies – the chocolate only makes them tastier! x
These look so yummy, I’ll need to give them a go xx
You sure do!
These look great and would be a great dessert option for Thanksgiving! I’ve not tried too many pumpkin recipes but I’m sure with the addition of chocolate, I’d love these!
Thanks Jennifer! Let me know if you decide to give them a go – I’m sure you won’t be disappointed x
Oh wow! These look amazing! And would be perfect for Thanksgiving.
Oh wow, these look great! I’ve never actually tried anything with pumpkin in, but I’m sure I’d love these; especially with the chocolate haha!xx
Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/
Thanks Hannah – the chocolate chips only make them taste better! x
These were very tasty! Love an easy recipe and photos make them look extra good! 🎃
Glad you liked them! x
These look and will smell and taste fabulous! Thanks for sharing,
The pumpkin cookies look amazing and seem easy to make. Will try it one day.
I have started baking 2 different kinds of cookies and love the smell of the baked goods in the kitchen!
Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Thanks Laura! Let me know if you try them!
These look fabulous! Xx
Thanks Nicole! x
Thanks for sharing, these cookies look yummy 🙂
These cookies look delicious & I’ll send this recipe to my mum because she loves to make pumpkin desserts this time of year!
Awe that’s lovely, thank you! I hope your mum enjoyed them! x