It’s that time of the year again! The leaves have changed their colour, the weather is cooler and pumpkin spice is everywhere. Lattes, cakes, cocktails…name it! Of course, it was only natural to bring you a cookie version of your favourite autumn drink too. Whether you want to celebrate the autumn season or are after some Thanksgiving dessert ideas, I have the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe for you. Trust me, you’re going to want to make them ASAP!
Bursting with flavour, these gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are fluffy, soft and absolutely delicious. My easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe combines basic pantry ingredients with warm spices. The best thing? It only requires a few minutes in the oven so you’ll be done in no time. Plus, the warm smell of baked spiced pumpkin cookies will stay in your kitchen for days!
Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
- Calories 205
- Fat 10.1g
- Saturates 6.2g
- Protein 2.5g
- Carbs 27.6g
- Sugars 14.9g
- Salt 0g
- Fibre 1.1g
- 180g Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature (Optional: organic)
- 100g Dark brown sugar
- 100g Granulated sugar
- 1 Can pumpkin purée
- 1 Large egg, beaten (Optional: free range)
- 2 tsps Pure vanilla extract
- 250g Plain flour (Optional: plain gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp Grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 100g Dark or milk chocolate chips
- To bake: greaseproof paper, baking tray (Optional: cookie scoop)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF (Fan).
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. This will prevent your gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin cookies from sticking to the tray later!
- In a large bowl, mix the softened butter, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar together. Stir well, making sure all the ingredients have mixed together into a nice brown, buttery mix.
- Add the pumpkin purée, vanilla extract and egg to the mix. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat well until smooth, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold in the flour, and add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and all the spices to the mix. Once again, stir well until you’re left with a nicely smooth dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and let the dough rest in the fridge for 15-30 min. This will ensure the cookies brown better and bake more evenly.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Use an ice-cream scoop to get even-sized pumpkin cookies and place them on the baking tray. Alternatively, you can use 1 ½ tablespoons for each cookie.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 min, or until they’ve lost their glossy sheen and the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remember, the cookies will look under-baked so don’t be tempted to bake them for longer. They will firm up as they cool.
- When ready, take your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies out of the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10-15 min. You can then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, enjoy!
I hope you love these easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies as much as we do. Please let me know if you make them by leaving a comment below and rating the recipe. As always, make sure to pin some photos and show us some love on social media using the buttons below.
Do you love baking as much as I do? Then check:
- Chocolate Guinness cake recipe
- Easy lemon drizzle cake recipe
- Banana bread with chocolate chips recipe
- Homemade protein bars with oats and cinnamon recipe
- Gooey chocolate brownie recipe
- Healthy banana and oat pancake recipe